Who operates the Website?
The Website is operated by Layered Lounge Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales (company registration number 10462959) whose registered office address is at 6 Oak Wood Place, Gerrards Cross, SL9 7FH.
The internet is not a secure medium therefore we cannot accept responsibility for an unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our reasonable control. However, we employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server. We use a Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure which is the HTTPS part of our website URL. This means that all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.
What type of information is collected?
Information we collect may include:
- Your registration and transaction details: title, name, address, any other delivery addresses, email address, telephone number, date of birth, billing and card payment details.
- Purchase and transaction history.
- Information about your computer. When you visit our Website, our web server automatically collects anonymous information such as log data and IP addresses, and may collect general information concerning your location, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation. We may use this information in several ways, for example, improving our web site, product range, marketing and service.
We may also collect information from you if you physically attend an event, enter a giveaway or subscribe to our database. This information will only be collected with your permission.
How do we collect your information?
We collect, process and retain information from you when you:
- navigate to the Website on any device by transacting, by registering an account with us and otherwise interacting with us.
- interact or engage with us on social media
- meet us physically at an event, when you enter a giveaway or when you subscribe to our database. This information will only be collected with your permission.
- sign up to receive any marketing correspondence by post and/or electronically.
- enter your details on a product waiting list.
- call customer services with an enquiry, comment, complaint or to make a transaction.
There is no requirement for you to provide us with such information in order to use the Website. However, if you decide to withhold certain information requested by us, you may not be able to visit all sections of the Website or buy our products from the Website.
What do we use your information for?
We use the information gathered on the Website or provided to us by you, to enable us to provide you with access to all parts of the Website and to process any orders you may make. If you provide information to this Website, we will not sell, share or rent your personal information to third parties, but we may use it for our own purposes in order to:
- administer and run the Website;
- complete your purchase transactions and send you goods purchased;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- provide the services you request;
- send you our catalogues and other marketing communications relating to our business by mail if you have opted in to receive them;
- send you email notifications if you have opted in to our email mailing list
- identify your preferences, so that we can notify you of other Layered Lounge products, services and promotions that may be of interest to you
- deal with any enquiries and complaints you may have relating to the Website.
For the prevention of fraud and crime we may share your information with a law enforcement body when we are required to do so.
How long will we hold your information?
We will retain your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is required to be able to provide the services to you. Customer transaction history will be kept for a maximum of five years after which the information will be deleted.
Who do we share your information with?
We will never sell, trade or rent any of your information to any third party.
Third party contractors may sometimes have limited access to information collected on the Website in order to provide products or services to us, for example:
- hosting and maintenance of the Website;
- credit card processors
- email marketing
- courier services to fulfil orders you place with us.
- social media advertising
Social Media Advertising
We engage in online social media advertising on social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. The ads that you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your transactional history with us. All this information will be subject to the Privacy Policies of those platforms too which you can view here: Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
How to Subscribe
Should you wish to receive email notifications from us which include information about new products, special discounts, events and any other information we think you would like to be informed of relating to Layered Lounge Ltd then please go to our website and enter your details in the sign-up box.
If you wish to subscribe to our catalogue please also do so on our website or send an email request to email@example.com call 01753 873111 during working hours.
How to Unsubscribe
The personal data you submit may be used for marketing purposes. We may send catalogues and promotional emails to you with information on our products that we fell may be of interest.
If you would like to unsubscribe from our emails then simply click on the unsubscribe link which appears at the bottom of every email. Please allow 3 working days for this to take effect since some promotions may already be in place when you do so.
If you wish to be removed from our catalogue mailing list please contact us via the contact details below:
Tel: 01753 873111
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from our email list, we may still contact you in the event of discussing an order you might have place or an out of product stock waiting list you might have signed up to.
Since catalogues are planned up to three months in advance, you may still receive one final catalogue having requested to no longer be included in this distribution.
If at any time, you feel that Layered Lounge has mishandled your information in any way, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). You can either visit their website here or call their helpline: 0303 123 1113.